Director of Mining Operations
Northeast United States
$175,000 USD +/-
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused exclusively on the unique requirements of the mining industry.
We are currently accepting applications on behalf of our client, one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of building products in the Northeastern U.S. that is seeking a Director of Mining to oversee and manage their mining operations. Our Client currently has an open pit mining operation at their New Jersey quarry, as well as two dredging operations at sand pits. These mining operations produce products that are both shipped to their concrete plants for use in manufacturing and to external customers for various uses and applications.
The successful candidate will have a positive, professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work independently. The position of Director of Mining reports to Ownership and requires that the candidate demonstrate initiative and responsibility and be flexible/adaptive to a fast-paced and fluid business environment. This position demands a candidate who is In addition to developing the strategic mining plans for each site, the Director also oversees safety awareness training and accident prevention. Other primary responsibilities including ensuring compliance with mine plans including production, hauling, infrastructure; manage grade control, sampling functions, mine surveying and mapping and assist operations with ground control and rock mechanics issues; improvements and repairs to mine structures and systems. Finally, in addition to managing three sand plant / quarry managers, the Director of Mining is communicating working closely with the Vice President of Aggregate Sales and Director of Ready-Mix Operations to ensure that mining production and planning is in line with other inter-dependent company sales and production goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Develop goals and standards to meet operating, health & safety and environmental requirements to provide the best (and safest) possible employee and community environment.
– Work closely with site level managers to improve overall performance and to create an environment of effective teamwork and collaboration.
– Coordinates production and quality assurance to ensure availability and supply to meet customer specification and satisfaction.
– Oversee stripping, drilling, blasting and dredge operations.
– Support the Vice President of Aggregate Sales with technical issues and training.
– Work with various trade associations and ensure development and maintenance of professional relationships with recognized industry experts.
– Overall responsibility for all operating personnel at our mining locations.
– Supervise daily management of all vendors.
– Collection of standard volume and tonnage data.
– Interpretation of data and formulation of action.
– Interfaces successfully with all federal, state and local agencies and maintains a positive relationship with officials and citizens of the community in which we operate.
– Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
– Experience in mining with heavy emphasis in production.
– Detailed working knowledge of mine planning, quality control, reclamation, budgeting and P&L.
– Sensitivity to environmental issues including: air quality; ground water and noise control.
– Effective communication skills, a well-developed business understanding, strong analytical and creative thinking abilities and the ability to influence others are essential competencies for the position.
-Must be eligible to work in the United States
Physical Aspects of the Job
The employee frequently is required to walk and stand, sit, climb or crawl around and under machines or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and drive a vehicle.
– Climbing includes the ability to work (at times) at heights in excess of 100 ft.
– Must possess alertness and stamina to work on feet for long periods of time.
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
– The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds.
All candidates wishing to be considered for this role are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to the form below or directly via email to resumes@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
For more information, and to view other positions in which we are currently recruiting for, please visit our website at: www.miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.