Exploration Manager- Chile: Copper
Copper Exploration Manager- Chile
Chile Exploration Manager: Copper
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused on the unique needs of the mining industry.
We are working with a mid-tier mining company with operations globally and a large presence within Latin America to aid in their search for a an Exploration Manager to oversee copper exploration focused throughout Chile. We are seeking a world-class exploration manager with first rate leadership abilities that has extensive in-country experience. The incumbent will steward large budgets and a large team in the hunt for world-class discoveries.
- Builds and maintains regional and district scale foundation geoscience datasets;
- Conducts opportunity selection (in-house or third parties) for greenfield discovery opportunities , through an understanding of the Copper deposit geosciences, terrane ranking, prospectivity mapping, opportunity identification and field reconnaisance activities; and
- Contributes to the development of an appropriate portfolio of high-quality self generated discovery opportunities, aligned with Copper Exploration Strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant expert consultants and services providers, and ensures external expertise is appropriately applied to generative exploration activities;
- Ensures appropriate exploration technology and research is deployed to support generative exploration activities;
- Develops and maintains relevant relationships with other Business geoscientists; and
- Provides guidance to the VP Exploration Copper and Copper Exploration Team on current and new exploration and deposit models, generative methods and relevant datasets.
Exploration Portfolio Management
- Manages the exploration portfolio management process for Copper Exploration ;and
- Co-ordinates and leads quarterly Exploration Portfolio Reviews, including updated portfolio analysis
Leads, manages and develops the Chile Copper Exploration team, including:
- Demonstrate safe behaviors and follows protocols
- Manages appropriate allocation of resources and capability to execute generative and specialized country exploration activities;
- Drives accountability for data ownership and ensures that the capture, analysis, interpretation, storage and archive of generative exploration data is consistently completed to required standards;
- Ensures Chile Copper Exploration team members have appropriate professional training and development to perform their responsibilities;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in relevant geoscience discipline with postgraduate qualification in economic geology or related theme
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the Copper geoscience.
- Demonstrated exploration functional and management leadership and experience
- Demonstrated safe execution through visible safety leadership and sound risk assessment and management
- Extensive hand’s on experience working, leading, and exploring within Peru.
- Experience across the full cycle of project evolution from generation to mining, including greenfield exploration through advanced project delineation, feasibility studies and preferably production geology
- Deep understanding of greenfield exploration geoscience inputs and activities, especially in generation of new plays and opportunities
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
Qualified & interested candidates that are open to living and working out of Santiago, are invited to submit their Cover Letter and CV via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.