Investment Analyst-Mining & Metals
Investment Analyst- Mining & Metals
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused exclusively on the unique requirements of the mining industry.
We are currently accepting applications on behalf of our client, a mining focused asset management division of a Fortune 100 company.
Our client is looking for a business minded geologist or engineer with at least 5years of experience to be a key member of their technical team to help identify, model and value potential acquisition opportunities.
Under supervision, the Incumbent will be responsible for conducting fundamental research and valuation work on properties and assets of private and public metals and mining companies. They will assist with due diligence on mining investment opportunities and modeling. Position presents an opportunity to contribute analytic expertise to a dynamic asset class of private equity style investments.
This outstanding opportunity would ideally suit a commercially oriented person wishing to leverage their strong mining industry background and pursue a career in mining finance.
- Review and analyze mining and mineral sector press releases, regulatory filings, feasibility studies, 43-101 reports, investor presentations and stock market analyst reports in order to perform analysis which will lead to investment decisions. Under supervision, will assist in investment recommendation process.
- Develop and maintain financial models for valuation and other purposes.
- Review and analyze financial statements of private and public companies
- Assist senior members of Metals & Mining team with tracking and analyzing minerals and metals commodity markets.
With supervision, assist in the due diligence process for each investment opportunity. Will work with outside consultants during the due diligence process to gather information and data as requested.
- Assist in negotiation of deal terms and closing of transactions, including reviewing relevant legal documents.
- Generate fundamental research to assist senior members of Metals & Mining team in their valuation assessments and identification of investment opportunities.
- Maintain spreadsheets, databases and other applicable information systems used to monitor investments using internal and external reporting tools.
- 4-8 years relevant experience in Finance/Mining sector.
- MBA/M.Sc in related field and strong academic record from a competitive institution (preferable in finance, economics, business or quantitative field) required, and interest in metals and mining investments is required. Engineering and/or Geology degree and/or work experience is a strong plus.
Excellent analytical abilities, solid organization and strong oral and written communication skills are essential to interact with internal and external business partners.
- Analytical approach, intellectual curiosity and strong intuition required as the individual will need to be a self starter and able to work independently to formulate intelligent and persuasive analyses and recommendations.
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.