Mid-Tier Development Staged Resource Co. Vancouver
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused exclusively on the unique requirements of the mining industry.
We are currently seeking applications on behalf of our Client, a prominent and well financed Vancouver based mining company that is aggressively developing their flagship asset slated for production within the next few years.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic GIS professional that can take a creative role in designing materials (maps, animations etc) from both a geological and investor perspective. This is a well rounded role, where the incumbent will be focused not only on internal work but will also be helping with the creation of dynamic IR materials to help communicate their “story”.
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
- Prepare metadata and other documentation.
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, digitizer, color printer, and video camera.
- Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
- Present information to users and answer questions.
- Retrieve stored maps.
- Geography – Knowledge of various methods for describing the location and distribution of land, sea, and air masses including their physical locations, relationships, and characteristics.
- Communication, Written, Oral, and Cartographic – The ability to convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS/technical people.
- Analytical Skills – The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Information Gathering – Knowing how to find information and identify essential information, and validate the information.
- Information Ordering – The ability to correctly follow a given rule or set of rules in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order.
- Computer Science – Using and developing computer programs to solve problems.
- Systems Evaluation – Looking at many indicators of system performance, taking into account their accuracy.
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.